Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DEFINITION OF PLEASURE

  What is pleasure ?

1 Click Away From Pleasure.   We need to review our concepts and perceptions of what is pleasure,

We are also not sure what brings us happiness. Is it only pleasure which gets us happiness ?
We are confused. What do you think ?
                                                               
I think pleasure is more physical, more what we sense like taste , smell , touch. Happiness is more psychological and depends on your mindset , attitude , your capabality to become happy. So same pleasure may not lead to similar happiness for everyone it is contexual and relative. Do you agree to this edit ?
For the most part, the answers about pleasure are right. It is the physical sensations that make us feel good (hot shower, massage, good food, gifts, etc). However it's relationship to happiness seems to be less than common knowledge. Fortunately the field of Positive Psychology has already found the answer to this question. There are different parts to happiness: past, present and future. Happiness about the past has more to do with feeling good about the decisions you made in the past. Happiness in the future is more about being optimistic for things that have yet to happen. Happiness in the present is our focus, however. There are two things that comprise present happiness: pleasures and gratifications. Gratifications are the things like doing service and reading a good book, that don't bring you any physical pleasure, but rather they harness your skills and put you into a flow where time flies without you noticing. This will bring you more long term happiness. Most people thing pleasures don't contribute to happiness, and that they are simply a cheat to get a temporary high. However research shows that experiencing pleasures (not in excess) can help to make you happier for the short term, as long as they don't become routine and expected. If they're savored and relished they can really make your day better. Hope this gives you a general idea of the concept.

Pleasure : " Sex Toys "   I have to be honest, when I go grocery shopping, I almost always buy an eclair. I love them.


                          

 They are so amazingly yummy. To me, they are quintessential yumminess. I also find that I rationalize the purchase by telling myself that I "deserve" it. I've somehow earned it. I'm not saying that an eclair is evil--not at all. I guess I just need to ask myself if I'm going overboard.
Life needs its pleasures, that's true. An eclair every once in awhile is fine, but every time? 

We need to treat ourselves every so often with some other gifts like:   Perfume



                                                 


or  Jewelry

                                           


or   Lingerie



  We need to be kind to ourselves when come it down to happiness, doing things just because we want them, and making a little sacrifice because of our entitlement.
I look at pleasure here as just plain happiness--putting me first, and not thinking things through. I can afford it!  Is there someone who could benefit from this more than I? Is there someone I could share this with?
                                          

I want to reiterate that pleasure is not a bad thing. It's part of what life's about. Just like wealth, having friends, and being in charge aren't bad things, but any of them, when out of balance, can ruin your life. We need to take care of ourselves and our responsibilities. It's when they become selfish that we they become temptations.
So Pleasure it's Happiness and Happiness is Pleasure
and this will be find only at:  http://1clickawayfrompleasure.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment